Picture Books I've Been Reading Lately #1

Friday, March 30, 2018
I have had a few picture books arrive on my doorstep for review lately, so I thought I'd do a little round-up review of the ones I've really been loving! I've tried to provide as much information as possible so that you can seek out copies for your little ones (or yourself!).


Little Whale by Jo Weaver (published by Hachette in April 2018)

goodreads
book depository



A delightfully illustrated book, this one is very gentle and loving, and I could practically feel the flow of the ocean as I read it. The illustrations look like charcoal or chalk on blue and white paper, and they are absolutely breathtaking (you can see a little glimpse with the cover image here).

A beautiful book to have in your collection.






A-Z of Australian Animals by Jennifer Cossins (published by Hachette in April 2018)

hachette
angus & robertson

Those of you who have seen other reviews of picture books that I have done will know that I really love Jennifer Cossins' work. She provides wonderful information about the animals in her books, plus fun facts, plus absolutely gorgeous illustrations. I am a real fan of her artwork, and so you can imagine my excitement when I received a poster in this one of the animals listed within. So beautiful!!

I particularly love this book because of the focus on Australian animals - some of my favourites including the Platypus, the Galah, and the Yellow-Tailed Black Cockatoo. Just lovely.





Bird Builds a Nest by Martin Jenkins, illustrated by Richard Jones (published by Walker Books in March 2018)

goodreads
book depository

A picture book about physics! This is just so wonderful I can barely talk about it. Jenkins uses the process of a bird finding food and objects to build a nest to explain forces. The artwork and story are both simple, but extremely charming, and I have found myself rereading this book just to slip back into the comfort that it offers.

Bird, as a main character, is just adorable, and I loved following Bird around and learning about forces. I definitely recommend this book for the littles in your life!

0 whisperings:

Post a Comment

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top