[hello, body]

Monday, February 20, 2017
it took me awhile.
in some ways I'm still learning.
I used to feel frustrated, negated, for being 'average'.
didn't care, then pretended not to care, now I don't know where
I am.
I still care, but that care is turned inwards.
What do I want to look like today?
[does it matter?]
The bigger issue stares me in the face.
Is my body working today?
[what is next?]
I realise it is amazing that my body still functions. sometimes.
I worship it when I have the space [the brain, the thought, the energy] to do so.
other times... I do the best I can.

I don't dislike my body for the way it looks.
I like the way it looks.
curves, all over.
blue eyes, apple cheeks.
hair that doesn't actually know what it's doing. [much like my mind.]
sometimes I just dislike my body for the way it acts...
[acts out. acts up. re-acts?]

But this body, this home
it does well. it does it's best.
and I love it.





***


This post was inspired by this poem by Leena Norms.

Would anyone like to see/hear me recite this poem on video/audio? Let me know in the comments.

0 whisperings:

Post a Comment

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top