2016 'Make Me Read It' Readathon Results

Sunday, July 17, 2016
For those who remember as far back as two posts ago, you will remember that last week I was doing a readathon! And to be honest... it didn't go as well as I'd hoped. I was hoping to get through three books, but after having a really successful first day where I finished The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman and then made a decent start on The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton, I then kind of stalled.

It was a combination of things that resulted in me stalling - I actually had a really rough week with my health, with a really bad migraine very early on Wednesday morning, followed by days of migraine symptoms and such. Lots of other symptoms throughout the week, too.
Another reason I stalled was because I was having trouble really getting into The Secret Keeper. I was unsure whether to stick with it because I had read over half by Tuesday, or whether to stop it and move onto Uprooted by Naomi Novik, which had been voted to a joint second place. Eventually I did start Uprooted, but not until Friday/Saturday, and by that time I was just not feeling the thing.

Uprooted is fantastic so far, and I have also started one or two other things... but basically that means I got through a total of... one book. Which is good but not really what I wanted... At this point I am just going to continue reading what I am reading, and maybe make the other books that I had chosen for the readathon a kind of loose to-be-read pile for the future. Maybe I should do my own readathon? Who knows.

Has anyone read anything good in the past week?


0 whisperings:

Post a Comment

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top